Welcome to Student Services
Out of School Hours Care
Nedlands WA 6009
Phone: (08) 9389 1848
Bus Mobile: 0412 237 742
Fax: (08) 9389 9588
Our Centre operates during the following times:
After School Care
3.00pm to 6.00pm Monday to Friday.
The children can be collected from the Child Study Centre, Rosalie Primary and Pre-Primary, St Thomas Primary, East Claremont Primary, Loreto Primary, Hollywood Primary and Dalkeith Primary (by arrangement) on the UWA bus. A walking collection from Nedlands on site Pre-Primary and Primary is also available. Plus children can be dropped at the centre by their parents.
8.00am to 6.00pm Monday to Friday, during school holidays.
Pupil Free Days
8.00am to 6.00pm
To ensure the UWA OSHC service offers high quality care for children attending pre-primary to year seven in a safe, friendly, age appropriate environment for children and their parents, with professional, caring and motivated staff.
Philosophy and Goals
The focus of UWA OSHC service is the happiness and well-being of your child. We believe that the program for our centre should provide opportunities for children to participate in stimulating activities, dynamic play and lateral exploration to encourage both individual processes and social/group engagements that are part of a shared, collaborative and resource rich environment.
Quality after school care and vacation care helps children develop their potential in all areas of emotional, social and physical development. Our centre seeks to emphasize creativity, imagination and lateral invention in our approach to making fun, and believe that both the programme and staff initiatives should reflect such modelling through an ethic of improvisation, creative imagination, problem solving, self challenge and humour. In this way, it is important to us that the program encourages a deeply child-centred environment with an ‘extension’ approach to developmental challenge.
We believe that self choice is an essential base of children’s enjoyment in their recreational time, and therefore we will seek to extend the range of children’s experience through facilitating planned activities as well as spontaneous, imaginative children’s initiatives that are a positive form of play.
Family philosophies are supported and parents are encouraged to develop effective communication with the staff at the centre.
Our playleaders show the children respect as individuals and respond to their needs in a warm, safe and friendly environment.
- To provide a safe and secure environment.
- To provide an environment for children to feel relaxed and in a place where they belong.
- To provide a range of stimulating developmental and social activities that cater to individual needs and abilities.
- To provide a place for children to make new friends.
- To maintain high levels of health, hygiene and cleanliness.
- To promote respect and consideration of others.
- To promote self responsibility by providing opportunities for children to make choices, take on new challenges and enhance self-esteem.
- To value and encourage the involvement of children and parents in program development.